The common cosmetic dental treatments used for a complete smile makeover near me are discussed. This is one of the affordable treatments offered by cosmetic dentists, and it can help restore the natural colour of a patient’s teeth. The bleaching agents used at a single treatment is enough to get significantly whiter teeth.
The Advantages of Getting a Teeth Whitening Treatment
- Teeth Whitening treatments are affordable
- Provides fast and effective results
- Teeth whitening lasts for a long period if properly maintained
- Other whitening options such as home teeth whitening kits etc. are available
The Disadvantages of Getting a Teeth Whitening Treatment
- All types of abrasion cannot be treated with teeth whitening treatments
- The treatment may lead to tooth sensitivity
- Proper maintenance is required to get the best result
Then’s another great way to correct the appearance of a person’s teeth. Veneers are thin, tooth-shaped substances covering the front of the teeth, hiding any discolouration or cracks. They can be used to address numerous dental issues like crooked teeth, abrasion, stains, deformed teeth and certain alignment issues.
Advantages of Dental Veneers
- Provides a fast and stain-resistant solution for chipped or cracked teeth
- It can be used for multiple dental purposes like discoloured teeth, or broken teeth
- Last for a long time if properly maintained
Disadvantages of Dental Veneers
- Tooth Enamel is removed during the installation procedure of veneers
- Certain habits like teeth grinding or clenching can damage veneers
- It’s costlier than other alternative treatments
Dental crowns are an effective way to hide and cover the teeth from further damage. If a patient is dealing with many teeth that are impaired – the crowns or caps can cover the teeth, guard them against further impairment and restore the appearance and function of the tooth.
The Advantages of Dental Crowns
- Provides a secure cover to the tooth
- Restores the tooth’s original appearance and prevents damage
- Resembles natural teeth
- It can easily be maintained
The Disadvantages of Dental Crowns
- Dental crowns are also cost a lot
- They are not as strong as a natural tooth
- Some habits such as smoking or clenching can cause damage
These are dental fixtures used to replace missing teeth and their roots. This helps to help prevent bone degeneration and jawbone adequately stimulated. Getting implants Disadvantagesists of two stages: surgical insertion of a titanium screw into the patient’s jawbone and attaching a crown on the outer end of the implant. The crown is generally attached three to six months after the implant is fitted. This is to allow for osseointegration.
For more info about dental implants
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Implants are the best solution for missing teeth.
- It serves and functions like a real tooth
- Prevents bone loss and restores jawbone structure
- Easy to maintain and clean
Disadvantages of Dental Implants
- The procedure is very long and can take up to 6 months or more.
- The mouth tissue and gum line need to be strong – all patients may not be eligible.
- Dental implant cost varies based on the number of implants required and the types of materials used.
Cosmetic dentistry provides the best results for a complete teeth makeover. Thanks to cosmetic treatments, it’s now possible for anyone to get the perfect smile they’ve always dreamed of. Even so, you should still consider the advantages and disadvantages of the teeth makeover treatments to find out which treatment will be suitable for your overall health.
For more information get in touch with one of our dentists at Post House Dental to learn further about ways to fix your smile.